About Checking In
Online check in is available from 30 hours before flight departure up to 1&1/2 hours before flight departure. Passengers travelling with an infant or requiring special assistance will need to check in at the airport.
- Local Travel: Check in at Terminal 1D at JKIA. Check in counters open 2 hours before departure and close 40 minutes before departure.
- International Travel: Check in at Terminal 1A at JKIA airport. Check in counters open 2 and a half hours before departure and close 1 hour before departure.
- Factor in time in traffic at your departing town and extra security checks at the airport. Remember, tickets are non-refundable. Please check your itinerary for further rules.
- If paying for ancillary services e.g. baggage, seats etc, at the airport, please plan for extra time at the airport. For your convenience, payments can be made in advance online or at any of our sales points. Our JKIA sales office is located at Terminal 1D. You can also weigh your baggage there. Paying for luggage at the airport is twice as expensive as published rates.
- For faster processing and convenience at our counters, please pay via electronic money. i.e. mobile money-(only Mpesa, Airtel Money, Equitel currently supported), VISA/ Mastercard credit card or VISA branded debit card. Alternatively, please have exact change.
- What not to carry in both hand and checked in baggage:
Passengers are required to produce acceptable form of identification at check-in i.e. ID card or passport
You will need a Visa to enter Entebbe and any other part of Uganda if you are not from South Africa, Burundi, Canada, Sweden, DRC, Germany, Rwanda, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Kenya, Tanzania, Mauritius and the USA.
Vaccination against yellow fever required for any passenger traveling out of Kenya.
Passengers arriving within 6 days after leaving or transiting countries with risk of yellow fever transmission and not holding a yellow fever vaccination certificate are subject to vaccination upon arrival and possible quarantine measures.
See more information about International Travel